Coral Vue Hydros

Seachem Test kit SUX

scarfish

Hey everybody, not much a thread but wanted to let people thinking of buying a test kit soon that the Seachem multitest is terrible.

I have always used API and just bought the seachem basic test kit and have been getting no reading for PH which means it was well below 8. I added some carbonate from Kent Marnie Tech CB and some baking soda, aired out the room and still nothing, tested in morning and evening. Still nothing. :angry:

Today I remembered to bring home my Trusty API kit from the office and just tested PH, and what do you know 8.3!!!!

Has any1 else had bad results with seachem test kits? I am out the door for a party now, tomorrow morning I will campare Ammonia, trite and trate, Seachem vrs API and will post the results.

Happy new years!!!!! :D

055120_th.jpg=garbage

BibleSue has a Seachem Ca test kit that is quite inaccurate.

Brand new kit, tested their reference sample which is 425 ACCORDING TO THEM, and got a reading of 305.

i bought an API test kit and maybe its just me but the colors dont ever seem to be close.. i mean how can you tell one shade from the other. The Ca test seemed okay because i could see the color change but ph and some others i just couldnt find a matching color. I'm a noobie to this whole testing thing so any advice is VERY appreciated.

I bought a Seachem Ca test also, and it was way off. I tested the reference test, it was supposed to come out 425 and it came out around 390 or less. I don't trust it........ I am using my API and like it.

Archived