Innovative Marine Aquariums

Aquascaping blues.

jdsabin1

I had planned and plotted my new coral placement and thought I was all set. When I got to my lfs, one of the new corals I wanted was sold (note to self: next time just buy the damn coral you want instead of waiting), so came home with one new. Rock the coral was on was not the right size and everything has gone downhill from there. My hands have been in the tank all weekend. I think I am finally close but I am still a coral or two short of where I want the tank to be. Hopefully in a few days I can get back to posting pics of the tank. Until then, I am on a coral hunt like you have never seen :).

Wish me luck. Damn aquascaping anyway ... should have left well enough alone. :angry:

Jeff, been there and done that... all part of the learning process... sometimes you learn the hard way...

Next time, if you absolutely have to get the coral but the rock it's on has an odd shape/size, be prepared to use a hammer and chisel (pointed tip screw driver) and/or a pair of needle nose pliers, to sculpt or shape it to a more manageable size. Just a suggestion.

Happy coral hunting dude!

Archived