Top Shelf Aquatics

My DIY aquascape/liverock setup (picture update)

elaak

The Propagator
So, i went a little nuts with it. I decided it was to much rock and my tank would look very crowded a couple years down the road. Sooo, I hacked alot off.

Picture039.jpg

Picture037.jpg

Picture033.jpg

Picture032.jpg

Picture029.jpg

Picture028.jpg

Your wife IS SOOO going to kick your arse when she sees what you did to that table LOL!!

you used nothing but great stuff foam to hold all that together? is that stuff strong?

btw wats the exact type of Great stuff foam did u use? i want to try it.

Looks excellent !

Great stuff foam is fine for use as long as it has cured all the way through.

A friend of mine uses it for biological filtration in his fuge with real live rock stuck to the bottom to hold it down.

:)

it can be used as a biological filtration?

just wanted to know if UV light is really that bad? cuz my tanks is going to have a bit of that.

guess i cant use that stuff then...one of my LEDs is pure UV emitted.

its pretty cool how u glued it together like that. i really want to try it but im trying to grow coral rather then for looks. so i need big smooth surface areas. but without the ugly eggcrates...

nice job cant w8 to see it with coral.

theimpulsive1

looks pretty sweet. I saw a featured tank on reef central that used a black foam background which looked amazing. When I settup my dream 250 gallon I am def going to use foam. Let us know how your reef rocks hold up.

sorry for not replying to this thread sooner, my new finnex has been occupying some of my time :P

the light panel were used as a crutch when putting it all together and leaving it on does add alot more strength to the stucture than it would normally have. Some LR is ziptied to it also I wouldnt want to have to cut those. Also, the reason that I epoxied sand to the structure is because I was shielding it from what little UV it might experienance under my T5 aquatinics setup.

It has been holding up great in my tank and the foam is hard to notice in it. If I did it all over I would have made the rocks even smaller but nothing different in the construction.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived