Coral Vue Hydros

cyano bacteria in 5 liter pico reef

mauro

I just got YANO BACTERIA IN MY 5 liter pico reef (2 years old)

what I can do?

I tried Antired (from aquamedica) but nothing happened

any animal that eats cyanos?

cerith and nass snails supposedly eat it.

No-Cya-No will clear it up.

I have a ton of it in the fuge. Planning on removing it, along with the green slime (also in the fuge) tonight.

Ultra lifes Red Slime Remover has worked for me in the past. It will add a ton of oxygen to your water as well, so do not run any sort of skimmer or airstone, while using it.

Good luck;)

The Readlime works well.. But ofcourse we all would rather stay away from Chemicals.. What you want to do is increase the skimmer, Do a water change, and increase the water flow.. Now if you want the quick fix, I would use the UltraLife RedSlime remover.

No-Cya-No got rid of my cyano problem....along with my snails. I had about 15 Astreas in a 55 gallon FOWLR when my cyano breakout occured. I tried increasing flow near the sandbed with a powerhead. It cleaned the cyano from the portion that was directly in the flow of the PH but didn't do much for the rest of the tank. I went with the No-Cya-No next which wiped out all the cyano problems. I guess it also wiped out whatever it was my snails were munching on, cause most of them died also. Fish weren't affected by the dosing.

My question is: How do some of you guys keep your sand so white and clean?

coralreefengr

I second the cerith snails. I don't think my 10 gallon has ever had cyano and I've always had lots of ceriths in there. I probably have 1 per gallon. My new 20 is another story. I have only about 3 ceriths in there and I'm getting some cyano. It's not uncontrollable at this point so I'm not going to get 2 worried since it is barely cycled.

CRE

Archived