Pod Your Reef

intereceptor dosage?

Uhuru

can someone tell me the interceptor dosage for dipping corals before introducing them to the tank (precautionary not treatment)? and how long do you dip for? Maeda??

shaggydoo541

No one has really done any official research on any high dosage dip that I am aware of. I researched this quite a bit since I had redbugs and the only tests that were run were on dosing an entire tank. I read a few threads/reports of people who did dose 'precautionary' high dosage dips but most seemed to report mixed results and no one really nailed down an exact dosage that I saw.

Best bet is to look for the bugs on pieces that you buy and as always quarantine, quarantine, quarantine. I wish I would have quarantined as it would have saved me a bit of a headache. The dosing itself is really easy and I would recommend it to anyone with the bugs but it tends to kill shrimps, crabs and hermits and shrimps especially are expensive.

thanks for the info. the response that I got from my club forum was that the length of treatment is more important than the dosage and a dip is not very effective. 24-48 hrs in a separate quarantine (as you said) is the minimum recommendation.

Archived