Coral Vue Hydros

Acoustic's Daily Reef World 6/30/03

Acoustic

I forgot I had these in my tank. I bought these zooanthids a month ago for 2 dollars and put them behind the large live rock as a space filler. Since then they have doubled in numbers. Today I noticed them and took a picture.

Nice pic! There's a new gallery for photos on the forums board. Down in the basement with the lounge.

Thanks Chris for providing us with a gallery!! :)

In Escondido there is a place called Fish Haven. They DO NOT know how to keep corals alive. I go in there every once in awhile and score a great deal. I think of it as an emergency medical discount.

Acoustic,

Unfortunately places like that do exist. Trouble is that quite often the people who run LFS are ignorant to the latest information in reef keeping. (sounds like me!) There is a little store by my house in Rancho Cucamonga where I buy all of my tanks inhabitants. They buy all of their coral and fish from cyanide free wholesalers, they use alot of old style equiptment but everything that I have purchased has been great. Also, as I am such a regular customer I am on a first name basis with the girl who maintains the tanks and I can usually get a deal now and then. I havn't shopped around for prices too much but they seem to be more expensive than others. For example, I bought a beautiful purple colt coral piece today for 50$. It's about 6 inches high. I don't know if I am paying too much but I know I could probably get stuff cheaper on-line. That seems risky to me. I buy everything else on-line and have never had any problems. (Drs' Foster and Smith) I wish I could post a picture of the colt coral but I havn't learned how to yet. I have a digital camera(Fujipix 2800Z)but everytime I try to post a picture it never goes through. Any ideas why? You are obviously more than a mere photography hobbyist with the pictures that you submit. What are you using?

You need to make sure that your pictures are:

- JPG. format

- Size down to 600 x ????

- Also they need to be compressed down below 100k

I am using an Olympus C-4000.

Archived