SaltCritters.com

do you have the time?

penguin87

a ha ha! oh, i'm so clever. anyway, my question is about a timer for my lighting system. i feel it is too much of a burden for my parents to turn the lights on and off from 9am-9pm. (i'm not home at those times).

i've heard of many people using timers for their lighting, and that it is recommended, but i don't know what kind of timer to purchase, or how to rig one up to turn off my light system. please help this poor boy.

just a regular time will work just fine, plug it into the powerstrip and plug the ligh cord into the timer and set it when you want it to come on and go off....

Lowe's sells a powerstrip with 8 sockets. 4 of them are timed, and the other 4 are just regualr sockets. You also have the option of turning the timed socket on all of the time. It was right at $20, and works great with the grounded light plugs.

I have one of those 8 outlet timer power strips. WOrks great for nano's. I couldn't find it at Lowes and had to buy it at PetsMart. I paid around $20.00 for it and it works for all my Nano power needs with the timer for lights and fan.

And it's fairly small so It doesn't take up too much space.

Archived