ReefCleaners.org

Lighting for 10 Gal

syaeger

I'm considering buying the Coralife Aqualight Single Linear Strip Light for my 10 gal. It will fit on my tank cover. It has a 28 W power compact (one half of the tube is 10,000K and the other half is Actinic). I'm not interested in retro-fit kits. I want something that I don't have to put together. That's why the Aqualight is appealing to me. I plan on having all types of corals available for a nano. Would this be enough lighting for my tank? Here's my current tank specs:

Tank Specs:

10 Gal

Aquatec 5-15 HOB Filter

Penguin 550 PH

50 W Ebo-Jager Heater

15 W NO

10 lbs LR

Live Sand/DSB

Water Param:

Temp: 78F

SG: 1.023

PH: 8.2

AM: 0

NI: 0

NA: 10

Livestock:

1 Ocellaris Clownfish

What about that corallife 96watt quad unit? It is over at hellolights.com. You could grow anything you would want and it is only $100!

yeah, I think it would. They have the 36 watt light that will also fit on a 10 gallon tank. But from 28-36 watss I think would be fine. For Shrooms, and zoos, and some other softies

i have the coralife aqualight 1x96w and i LOVE it. Save up and it get it, but make sure you order the mounting legs too. They are only like $5.00 extra

For those of you who have the quad unit, what kinds of corals are you keeping? I currently have 2- 36 watt pcs. Also, how limited am I in what I can keep with only 1 36 watt 03 actinic and 1 36 watt 10,000K daylight? My tank is a 10g.

Thanks,

Gina

No it isnt, just make sure you acclimate the corals to that much light! They will do just fine under the 96 watt quad! This way you will be able to keep almost anything you want!

Originally posted by Gina

For those of you who have the quad unit, what kinds of corals are you keeping? I currently have 2- 36 watt pcs.  Also, how limited am I in what I can keep with only 1 36 watt 03 actinic and 1 36 watt 10,000K daylight? My tank is a 10g.  

Thanks,

Gina

The only corals I have so far: Shrooms, Ricordeas, Sarcophyton, Blastomussa Merlti, Zoos, Hammer, Green Star Polyps.

I only have sofites or LPS. I'm thing of keeping some kind of sps and a clam but I want to let my tank mature a little longer. My tank has been up for 5-6months now.

Archived