SaltCritters.com

New Light...

dkopacz

Got my new Custom Sea Life power compact with the built in moonlight ... 24" 2x65W .... very cool.. especially the moonlight ... two white leds .. gives the tank a very cool shimmering effect at night ....

its off to home depot tomorrow to buy a timer though..

could you get a pic of how it looks on the tank? those hoods are very interesting, i'd like to see how the moonlighting on them is...

dammit now I want one of those.... but I can't decide... 7G is kinda small, 26 is gonna cost $$$ as far as maintenance and livestock

• 1 month later...

@ 24", probably the 26 bow. So this has little moonlights in it too, huh? Nice fit, too. I'm a big proponent of enclosed, single unit lighting with fans.

Mind me asking where you got it, and how many clams it set you back?

NaNO ReeFiN

This has 2 moonlights? How bright are both moonlights? I curently have 2x65's and one moonlight and even though it looks nice, I'm considering another moonlight..

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, the legs are removable. Actually, the fixture comes without the legs, you have to screw them on if you want to use them.

I have the 20" 2x40w version, with 1 moonlight. I love it.

-moore

I have to ask: where else are 40w PC's available? I have only seen 32 & 36 then a jump to 40's: are you stuck buying Coralife bulbs for it? Also, what K temp are the bulbs?

Archived