Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

BBQ & LR Scrubbing

jdsabin1

Is there anything better? I went over to FlyGTI's place last night and he's one helluva BBQ chef. Checked out all his cool tanks (man I love the 20 long tanks. Wish I would have got that tank instead of the Eclipse. Just *looks* cool.)

Then we scrubbed live rock to get any bad stuff off. Ryan let me have a bunch of it and it was gorgeous stuff. I wound up with one show piece that fits in my 5 and 1/2 gallon Mantis tank perfectly. All of it has coralline on it too.

He also gave me a very cool light green ricordia :).

Thanks Ryan for the grub and thanks for the great LR! I truly appreciate it. It's nice to have fellow reef geeks close by. I have anthelia for you when you want it.

:)

ELGORDOINAVW

thats what i'm talking about reefers helping each other out. what's up San Diego when we all gonna start doing it???

Hehe Minneapolis is a great place to be also! I think I actually bought 1 of my corals. The rest were frags! Hows that for helping each other out!

ELGORDOINAVW

well S.D. is on the way i got a few people willing to give me a little bit of sand from there tank. that way i have all sorts of goodies in my tank. i hope that in the future i get the chance to repay them.

Jeff, you know I'm good for it. Obviously, we had a great time with you and your wife and the kids as well. We'll do it again as soon as I figure out a new barbecue sauce recipe (this one with a can of coke and some grape jelly in it...no kidding), and get a few slabs of meat from Fareway.

Glad you had fun. We sure did!

Archived