inTank Media Baskets

new ricordea pics...

Brooklyn Johnny

Brooklyn Johnny

Seeing as how I only have room left on my sandbed I picked up four new ricordeas... here are pics of them although they haven't yet found their final resting place...

Johnny

Brooklyn Johnny

Actually the pics kinda suck but the ric are nice... or should I say trachophylia ricordea... okay a bad joke even by reefer standards...zzz

Brooklyn Johnny

Thanks Cal... yeah yellow is definately tough to come by in ricordea land... I'll post some more pics when the settle in in a few weeks...

Yes please let us know how it turns out, I've gotten a yellow before but under halides it morphed to orange, it was just bleached and thats why it was yellow. I've also heard of greens doing that as well. If its a true yellow which imo it is, that's a cool piece.

Brooklyn Johnny

Yeah I have no idea which it is... we'll see... I had to convince the guy in my club I got it off of to sell it to me as he had a bunch of them similar to this that he was waiting to see on if they were true yellow. I convinced him anyway... the guy is a ricordea nut (a compliment of course) and has this sick 37 gallon display along with hundreds of other ricordeas in his prop tank. Either way they're all nice pieces...

Very nice rics!! Where do you pick up your corals? I usually hit the Marine Scene in Herndon a couple times a month and stoppped at the Reef Tank once. If you know of other places in NO VA to shop, please let me know!

Brooklyn Johnny

Cajastan are you a member of WAMAS (Washington Area Marine Aquarium Society)? If not you should be. We have our summer meeting tomorrow actually and Dr. Mac will be there, along with this guy with a bunch of his ricordeas. Have you ever been to Roozen's Nursery?

Brooklyn Johnny

Now would be a great time to join. Tomorrow's meeting we have Dr. Bruce Carlson speaking... here's some info below...

Check out www.wamas.org and also www.roozens.com which is in Fort Washington MD. Worth the trip...

Johnny

The Summer Meeting of The Washington Area Marine Aquarist Society (WAMAS) will be on Saturday June 28, 2003 from 2:00-5:00p.m. in Kensington, MD (immediately outside Washington, DC)

Our featured special guest speaker is Bruce Carslon, formerly of the Waikiki Aquarium and currently at the Georgia Aquarium. Bruce will be giving a presentation on the cutting edge research being conducted at the Waikiki Aquarium - that includes: deep-reef fishes collected by Richard Pyle; success in breeding angelfishes; coral culture techniques; and Bruce's own research on coral bleaching and reef recovery in Fiji.

Along with lots of frag swapping and a great raffle, this is sure to be a meeting NOT to miss!

For further information on WAMAS and the Summer Meeting, visit our web site http://www.wamas.org/

Who: W.A.M.A.S. (Washington Area Marine Aquarium Society)

When: June 28, 2003 (Saturday)

Time: 2:00 P.M. - 5:00 P.M. (EST)

Where: Rockview Elementary School

3901 Denfeld Avenue

Kensington, Maryland

Cost: Members - Free / Non-members - $6.00

[Annual Membership = $20 - Individual; $35 - Family]

Agenda

2:00 - 2:30 Sign in and Socializing

2:30 - 4:30 Cutting edge research being conducted at Waikiki Aquarium - Bruce Carlson

4:30 - 5:00 Raffle

5:00 Adjourn

Special Guest:

- Bruce Carlson, formerly of the Waikiki Aquarium and currently at the Georgia Aquarium

Miscellaneous

- Light refreshments and snacks will be provided.

- Raffle prizes: coral frags; gift certificates;

Directions:

Directions to Rockview Elementary School

From the Beltway 495

Exit Conneticut Avenue,

Head North towards Kensington about 3 miles.

Conneticut takes a fork at University- stay to the left to remain on Conneticut.

Go to the 3rd light which is Denfeld and Turn Left. If you get to Adams Dr., you need to turn around.

The school is immediately on the right hand side.

ahhh crap i really need a car and to live closer to dc im like 1 1/2 hrs - 2 hrs fromt he city or id go since im broke and could go for some new stuff for at leat 1/4 the price of my lfs

johnny- wow that guys tank is unreal. Tell him i love it :) . I have family in Silver Spring, MD and whenever i go and visit i hit up all the LFS to check em out. I think one that i like is Congressional Aquarium. I dunno how far you guys are from there, but next time i go up ill have to attend a meeting or trade or something :)

Archived