Top Shelf Aquatics

Is something wrong with my coral banded shrimp??

newbiefishgirl

newbiefishgirl

I tried to ask this question as part of one of my thread from yesterday, but I dont think that one is specific enough.

Anyways, last night I did a 2 gallon water change and also got rid of some of the red algle by syphon. The two gallons I added back in were the same temp and salinty. When I got done my CB came out from his usually spot and moved to the other side of the tank that he never goes on and he was twitching a little and then clung to a rock on that side.

Does this mean the water change disrupted him??? Is there anything I can do for him?

:(

Wouldn't be concerned Becky. In the case of a shrimp, its far more likely it would hide away completely if were very distressed. Having the correct temp and salinity are important, I would also recommend testing the pH of the new SW for a while until you are used to how it mixes up. pH swings can be as, if not more detrimental then a difference in SG or temp. You may find that your pH in the fresh SW is a bit higher than in your tank.

newbiefishgirl

Ok, thanks palaegic... is there anything I should look for if hes gonna be sick

I would feel terrible if soemthing happen to him

Agreed,

The shrimp could also be getting redy to Molt.. If this is the case he could disapear for a week or so.. or if he allready molted then he would hide as he has no hard shell so he is scared.

Archived