Innovative Marine Aquariums

Its Finally Clean, I have won Half the battle!

Toooloud

Ok so i have this tank!!

Its a 72 Gallon reef ready tank, Built in 2 1/2 inch overflow. Plumbed into a custom 50 gallon Sump running a Seaclone 100 skimmer and running a Little giant return pump as well as i have a Surge 6000 ( 870GPH @ 0 Head) with a custom spray bar for extra water flow..

Well anyways.. I have been having serious issues that is why i setup the 25 gallon and moved my corals over. Mainly becouse i could not afford to replace my 3 halide bulbs at $200 each here in Canada, nore can afford a much stronger Skimmer like i need for a tank this large containing corals.

Well i have been having issues with HairAlgae.. non stop issues.. Mainly becouse the Halides i was using where Old.. Too old..

So i have replaced them with 4x 40W Nos, 3x 10ks and 1 phillips 03 actinic.

And i bought a SeaHare to help with the cleanup.. i ripped alot out as much as i could and well as you are going to see my Rocks are all screwed up not organized, But they will be once the rocks start to get cleaned up by the Slug.

So here are some shots!

This is a small shot of what it use to looking like, I had hair Algae.. all overthe place, rocks, Sand, and glass ..

Calupra2.jpg

old.jpg

And here we are Stage one of the clean up.. I pulled out what i could.. Move the rocks around for easy access for the Slug and clened the front glass. The rest is up the the slug. Once all the rocks are clean then i will be moving the rocks back into place

as you can see with it cleaned up and concidering its now Summer.. I have decided to take off the canopy i had.. as it was HUGE becouse i had halides in it.. and just have the florcents on there wil make a much smaller canopy soon.

116972Gtank-med.jpg

And here are some shots of the Sump/Refge.. it has a AquaGlow bulb on there, Just becouse i find it helps my Micro Aglaes grow much better.. when i re add some..

116972Gsump-med.jpg

and here is the Plumbing, Its a Little Giant pump. Does i think 400 GPH at the 3 foot head.

116972Gplumbing.jpg

So what do we all think, Its getting better yes? Looking good!! :)

Hey TooLoud!

Dont know why nobody has commented- maybe they are all still in shock from the site change. It looks like it is getting much better- cant wait till all the gunk settles and I can see some aquascaping- lookin' good. You give that hair algae a good woopin' for me. (wounded Hair Algae War I veteran)

-Luke

Getting better. Lets see how long it takes the slug to take care of the rest.

NJLuke - Like your HAW- I reference.....glad to see you were not disillusioned by the war......hopefully no flashbacks when you have to mow the grass :-/

here are some more pics...

NOw i have not done any Aquscaping, as im letting my new SeaHare clean up the rocks of the hair Alage first..

And this is my Cardinal..

Now im not sure if this is a PJ or a Bangi.. i have been told by many people different things!

Well hte battle is comming along, again, i bought Seahare( a slug) and he is cleaning well when he is out.. He does not like thelight much

Archived