ReefCleaners.org

new maxima

cal3v

Hi all I just got this new maxima today, its such a neat color, neon blue stripes with bright orange ember markings on the mantle. The clam is about the size of a fist, a little bigger than I was expecting but no matter;) .

Brooklyn Johnny

Sha-weet... I'll steal the quote from another post about "clam fever" catching on...

What does that make Cal 2 croceas and a max? Plans for more?

Johnny

Yep two croceas and a max, I was kinda hoping this clam would be smaller but I have no complaints lol. I'll probably move a few corals out of the tank for more clams, I really want a squamosa and another max.

Cal... you're showing very clear symptoms of clam fever ;) Johnny... beware... it's highly contagious...

Cal... you know this but I'll say it anyway, tridacnas grow quite fast, especially given ideal conditions (i.e. your nano)... do you have a larger reef tank to move them to when they get too large for your nano?

Yes... aqua or purple would be very sweeeeet :)

Hi danano I don't have a larger tank, but my clam growth is moderately fast because of 175w over the tank compared to some people who have 400w, but when the start getting cramped, by-by corals :D haha, I'd rather not have one or two corals than not have a clam.

Archived