Coral Vue Hydros

Multiple Shrimp?

dkopacz

I have a 26bow and currently have a Blood Shrimp, Would it

be alright to have a Cleaner Shrimp as well or would the two

not get along.

Dennis_said

What does the blood shrimp do? Does he have any special traits or eating habits? I like them, and would like to have two in my 15g as well :)

samthebigfish

i have 2 in my 55 gal. FOWLR , i wouldnt trade them for the world.

when i feed my fish they go under the fish catching what the fish drops.

and they have kept my tank VERY clean, thats service with a smile.

My cleaner is mad, he rides the fish around the tank as if he was on horse back, he jumps straight on my hand when its in the water and tries cleaning me, i sware he'd follow me right out of the tank.

He also enjoys pond skating, but upside down, if you know what i mean

Cleaner shrimp are more interesting to watch than fire/blood shrimp imho!

cheers

Does a cleaner shrimp refer to a Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp? ???

The Blood Red Fire Shrimp is also a cleaner shrimp and will set up cleaning stations for fish that present to them; it’s a scavenger as well. I wouldn’t get two of its kind, but you should be able to add a Scarlet Skunk Cleaner Shrimp. HTH

southpaw23

Has anyone tried keeping other shrimps with a coral banded? i hear that they're pretty aggresive towards other shrimp (which i'm sure i could be wrong about) and was just wondering if having a cleaner shrimp with it in a 15g be safe?

• 2 weeks later...

I read from RC that a CBS is too aggressive for other shrimps (or anything that it could catch).

A CBS is only safe with 1) another mated CBS or 2) other shrimps in a very large tank. Or 3) I'm guessing if its very very small.

What shrimp are compatible with a Scarlet cleaner?

I have a 10 gallon that currently has a Percula Clown and a Scarlet shrimp with a bunch of crabs and snails.

Could I fit a small yellow watchman goby and a pistol shrimp in there? Or would that be pushing the bioload and/or cause problems with the Scarlet cleaner?

Thanks,

Bill

but depending on the size of you clown you could do it. imo my watchman is itty bitty. and shrimp don't add much bioload.

I think the clown is about 1.5-2 inches long. The watchman i saw at the store was TEENY tiny. I don't want to create problems for any of the inhabitants, but I thought 2 fish that size would be ok in a 10?

Oh yeah btw I have 20 LBS of LR and 10 LBS of LS and I plan on adding the medium size Aquafuge if it will fit, if not i will get the smaller one.

Thanks,

Bill

Archived