ReefCleaners.org

Galaxy Light - Change color bulb?

Grif

I'm looking for a lighting setup for a 1-2 gallon tank I want to set up. I've found the "Galaxy Light", which being larger than the Palm light, I'm guessing has more wattage. I know the Galaxy has 13 watt, I'm not sure on the Pal light. At DrsFosteretc...'s webpage they have it w/ a 7200K bulb, which seems a little to much like an actinic to me. Does anyone know if this fixture will take a 10000K bulb? Is it 4 pin? If so, 4 pin in a row, or a box?

Thanks.

it's a two pin bulb but it's a lead connector versus a bulb socket (i.e. the power leads connect directly onto the bulb leads). this is a easier system imo as it allows more versatility.

the 7200K is a daylight bulb but i always switch them out for one of the realux bulbs on marinedepot.com.

www.marinedepot.com/a_lt_pc_bulb.asp?CartId=

they're the ones at the bottom of the page. i get the 8000K/12000K smart bulb-types but that's just my prefs.

edit: i see what you're talking about now. they have the wrong picture linked to those bulbs. the ijits :P look on the page linked above, there's a pic of the correct bulb. two leads

Archived