Pod Your Reef

Octopus Hang On Back Skimmers

happyface888

DaNewReefeRgUy
How is the noise of the ocotpus compared to the remora. I got a remora because people claimed it was quiet. Mine is still in the break in period but I am dissapointed with the noise.I realize that there may not be a truly silent skimmer but quieter is better with my tank location. Also with my tank setup having the pump in the skimmer instead of the tank works a lot better.Thanks,Tom
The skimmer is pretty quiet, I have not not gotten any issues with it.
Hello - First post!I have an open top AP24 with MH. I am after a skimmer and wanted to know if the BH-100 would be suitable for this size tank? Would it be better than the nano-tunze? As it is a HOB could I use the BH-100F as refugium for chaeto in the last chamber? I have already got my AP24 chamber1 set up as a fuge but the HOB would probably cover this up...Thanks for any advice!
I would go for the tunze, they are great skimmers if you would like to save some money the bh100f is great also. I have heard of others doing this but I have not tried myself.

Newest skimmate pic 3 days of skimming

skimmate.jpg

top view

topview.jpg

bubble view

bubbleview.jpg

This skimmer was on a 45gallon tank.

The Propagator
something seems kinda odd about this, everyone with expeirence with these skimmers have low post counts and recent join dates. They also post pictures in the same style. Just my opinion......
Well I know some one who sells them,I am about to start selling them.... and I can assure you they are good skimmers ( BETTER than seaclone or CPR by FAR) for the money.There some one with a large post count backing it up ;):lol:
Wow amazing skimmate pictures, my cpr can never pull that out.How come I never heard of this skimmer? I'm still having micro problems with it also. I have it on a 20gallon shroom tank.... Are there any mods you guys can suggest to fix my cpr if not I might have to try one of these. I will look through that Reefcentral thread later it seems awfully long though.
Throw it away.:D
DaNewReefeRgUy

From what I was told the octopus collection cup is way bigger than the cprs and the riser tube is twice the size. But I would like to see someone take pictures of the cup side by side.

The Propagator

True.

Try the DNW-110 if you really want some kick. Its a recirc rated for 125g ( in or out of sump operation )

Really good skimmer. I would pit it against ASM

• 3 months later...

Does anyone know what the footprint of the supplied pump on the BH-100 is? I am trying to find out if it will fit into one of the rear chambers of my Nanocube 28G HQI.

Thanks in advance.

Archived