inTank Media Baskets

Coral Care?

Toooloud

So a quick question,

What kind of Waste do corals produce, its a 25 gallon tank with mostly Corals, now there is a small Bi Color Blennie.. Could not get him out of the rocks.. :) So there is a bit of waste..

Now there is 30 pounds of live rock and 30 pounds of live sand.. about 3 inches deep..

How much waste will these corals produce, What im looking to find out.. is how much and how often should i do water change..

Now i do Drip ( Kalwasser, and stontium and other trace elements) and feed the tank Marinesnow.. So The i really have no need to do water changes to replenish the trace ..

What do you guys think?

These are the corals.

Green stars, Green buttons, some mushrooms and a leather coral frag, i have nothing serious yet needing Cal.. but soon gettin a Clam.

Originally posted by Toooloud

so then, What would you do about the water changes?  What 15% once a month.

That depends on what kind of filtration you are using, skimmer, mechanical, etc.

Dont forget that water changes help replace trace elements

well Filtration is by the DSB and The live rock.. All natural.. as for skimmer i dont run one.. i do have a seaclown here but just have not hooked it up..

Yea i agree on that, I was just thinking of a Maintaince schedual..

I mean as well all know .. well i think we all do.. is that if the test tells you that the levels are up.. then its too late.. You allready have the problem.. I test on a daily basis..

If it takes 2 weeks for your water quality to drop, than do a water change every 2 weeks. If it takes a week for water quality to drop than do water changes weekly, etc. Maybe your water stays good for a month. By testing your water you can estimate how long your tank can go without a water change and that should set your maintenance schedule

Archived