inTank Media Baskets

WTF is this stuff?

swordfish

Okay, sorry for not posting a pic, but I have had a small quantity of some kind of........stuff growing in my tank for some time now. Whatever it is, it grows in only a few dime-sized clumps which are attached to my LR. Each one is rather cloudy looking, white, semi-transparent and with no other coloring. It sort of looks like a clumped mass of spider webbing, yeah that's it. They are soft yet resillient to the touch and give a bit when pressed on. These colonies of whatever they are do not seem to be growing quickly or agressively so I am not worried about them, nor do my clean up crew seem interested in eating them. So just what is this stuff? If I leave it alone will it grow into some kind of full-fledged coral colony or is this stuff going to jump out of the tank and eat my eyes out some night?

I highly doubt this is any kind of eggs, they're in a few differing spots, all on one rock and they've been there for months. If they are meant to grow they will be doing so soon since I just started adding nutrients to my tank after a recent lighting upgrade in preparation for the addition of corals. I only have a small blue devil in my tank by him/it self.

Thanks,

Jeff

Archived