Coral Vue Hydros

filefish949's 5 gallon SPS LEAK AND MINOR FLOOD

filefish949

I will be modding mine (it arrives friday) with a waste hose.

I will use mcmaster.com part 5121K341, some o rings, and a nylon nut i think. It may require some glue, idk. maybe we can split the cost on it or something? everything i need seems to come in 10 or 100 packs.

but first i need to verify a replacement cup is availible. no response from pacific coast imports yet.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I will be modding mine (it arrives friday) with a waste hose.

I will use mcmaster.com part 5121K341, some o rings, and a nylon nut i think. It may require some glue, idk. maybe we can split the cost on it or something? everything i need seems to come in 10 or 100 packs.

but first i need to verify a replacement cup is availible. no response from pacific coast imports yet.

I am considering buying an entire 2nd skimmer to canablise. I want to make the cup and neck taller by an inch and 1/2 and maby make the skimmer body ~3" taller

Lame. :(

well, yea, lame, I have everything in the main tank, now I have to do is mop up the mess, and tank the tank back to petsmart for a refund... I did not think i had cut any corners here, now i need to find a decent tank. any ideas?

is it leaking from the bottom trim? that sucks... what a sh*tty silicon job they must have done... glad i ran an extra layer on my new tank on the inside of the top and bottom trim now... i would just get a second cheap-o tank and add extra silicon to it since its just a prop/quarinten tank

my 5 gallon sps tank=

FAIL

I will soon be starting a new therad: filefish949's 7.5 gallon SPS tank

I found that a 15 gallon tank has much thicker glass

I will have to look for my reciept to see if I can get my $11 back... it just sucks

how could he fix it now without putting silicone all over the outside trim... messy!!

It wouldnt work on the outside, he would have to empty the tank, dry it, and then apply it to the inside.

I got a leaky 100 gallon tank for $50 one time. Fixed it easily and I know the person who still has the tank set up 5 years later, no leaks.

Better luck next time!

It wouldnt work on the outside, he would have to empty the tank, dry it, and then apply it to the inside.

I got a leaky 100 gallon tank for $50 one time. Fixed it easily and I know the person who still has the tank set up 5 years later, no leaks.

Better luck next time!

I know it can be ffixed real easy, i just decided to go a bit bigger, my new one has a much bigger fuge, the glass in a 15 gal is a lot thicker, I new have a GAC/GFO/whatever chamber, there is just a lot more room all around and my new display is 50% bigger as well. 7.5 gallons :)

Archived