ReefCleaners.org

yellow watchman goby in a 10 gallon

ELGORDOINAVW

ELGORDOINAVW

well do you think it would be a sutible place for a yellow watchman goby? the other inhabitants would be a skunk cleaner shrimp, and maybe a tomato clown (if he clown gets to big i will put him in a 45 gallon reef)

picasso trigger

10 gallon would be fine. I have kept a yellow watchman for the past 5 years in my 20 gallon and he loves it. He is kept company by a fire shrimp, 3 percula clowns (I had a maroon in with him for a number of years but the maroon got to large and was moved to my 55) and a coral beauty. He loves VHP, formula 1 and pieces of shrimp or squid; he's fat and happy. They are not scavangers and will not do well on starvation diets endemic of some "reef" tank feeding routines (nitrate is not evil). I would not try to mix in any other gobies though, odds are he'd try to kick them out of his turf in a small tank but the other fish are of no consequence to him.

I would say that the goby would be fine, ensure that you have good hiding place, execpially in with Tomato clown, They can become very agressive.. usally towards other clowns or its own species but i have see one go after a Blue regal tang.. So they can get moody.

Archived