Coral Vue Hydros

mini fuge??? for 10 gallon

ELGORDOINAVW

ELGORDOINAVW

ok i have a aquaclear 200 for added flow and it also stores my 25 watt submersible heater in it. i was thinking what if i used one of those clear corner filters to put spaghetti macro algae in it, the container is clear so it would get light, then attach the tube that goes up from the corner filter to the intake tube of my aquaclear. that way i have water flowing thru the corner filter, i would of course put a piece of fiberglass screening on the corner filter tube to keep any algae from being sucked up into my aquaclear 200 filter. what do you think those corner filters could probably hold a substantial amount of macro algae? of course i would have to set the filter to it's lowest setting. also another benefit would be that pods would have a small sanctuary. i don't know if this has been done before but it seems like a good idea. this would be for a 10 gallon nano, i don't think someone with a 2.5 gallon nano would want to give up all that precious space.

What i have seen people do with 2.5 and 5 gallon nanos, is to use Aquaclear 500s, Replace the pump with a Aquaclear 150 so its much slower rate of flow.. and use it with a small 10 watt light over it for there refug... Leave room for some rock and microalgae.

Archived