Innovative Marine Aquariums

From the 7bow to the 20H***Pics

SmartaZaWhiP

SmartaZaWhiP

This was the 7bow before I changed to my 20H. I was outgrowing the space in my 7bow with the purple Gorgonian and didn't feel as though I had a deep enough sand bed for my tank, so I "moved on up" to the larger 20H

monti-and-friends-7bow.jpg

the-seven-perfect.jpg

As you can see, this was a messy project, but within five hours, two skimmers, five power heads with sponges, and one power filter with carbon, it cleared up. Also there is a pic of the intensity of light in the seven bow (97watts PC) to the now (112w) on the 20H.

light-intense.jpg

lighting.jpg

Finished product**

the-conversion.jpg <---I KNOW I KNOW THE TRANSFORMER FOR MY 15W ACTINIC IS IN THE WRROOONNGG PLACE. I'VE SINCE MOVED IT!!!..LOL

finished-product.jpg

conversion-messy.jpg

AND ALLTHE PUMPS AREN'T IN THERE EITHER

:P

part2-done.jpg

SmartaZaWhiP

Thanks for the complements little boy *****.<---Sorry to the rest of the people reading this, but I had to. My tank is NEVER finished and perhaps I should have waited to post my pictures, but this guy's destructive comments put me over the edge.

Sorry again!

Originally posted by eha1322

what the hell is that ? looks like a tub of ###### to me!;):D

lol....that was funny, well what did you expect to hear?

No, I am just being a di*k too...I actually like the shrooms and I am sure mine looked worse when I was setting it up. Post some more pics once it clears up a bit.

Come on poeple give the guy a break.

SmartaZaWhiP: The small mini bow tank looked pretty decent to me. I'm sure the new tank will look a whole lot better once it clears up. The new tank may look a little empty at first but once you get a few more corals etc, it should look pretty good.

Post some fresh pics of the new tank soon. Good luck with the new tank.

SmartaZaWhiP

THANKS FOR THE POSITIVE COMMENTS. I HAVE BEEN DOING REEF TANKS FOR 10 YEARS AND REALIZE THAT IT TAKES A SEC FOR EVERYTHING TO GET ACLIMATED AGAIN. I JUST WANTED TO SHOW THE TRANSITION PICS FOR FUN.

I AM CHANGING THE LIGHT SETUP TO INCLUDE A 65W PC ACTINIC BULB AND A 175W 6500K HALIDE FOR INTENSE LIGHTING FOR MY PINK TIP BROWN ACUPORA<---WRONG SPELLING CORRAL AS WELL AS THE MONTIPORA. I WILL SOON POST ALL THE NEW PICS WITH SOME OF THE PUMPS REMOVED.

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE POSITIVE COMMENTS.

smartaz have i like the look of the 20h. have you considered getting a canopy to hide your lights? i had my lights like that on my old 5 gallon and found it looked alot neater with a canopy. i want to build a canopy for my 26 bow, but cant bend wood =/. figures anyways im looking forward to seeing updated pics

For MH, you might want to consider using 10000K rather than 6500K. The latter is probably better for growth but your tank may appear somewhat yellowish, even with the 65W PC actinic.

Thanks for sharing with us your work-in-progress. Look forward to your new pics.

• 3 months later...

You all better be ashamed of yourselves...were supposed to help each other and encourage each other to do new things, now you just syifled his creative process and made him go back to the bow. Nice job guys. I didnt say anything because I find it useless to just write "nice tank DOOD" twenty times after a pic is posted...but considering it was a work in progress...it was looking good. 'Tub of ######'...whoever said that needs to be put in one...

wowza i nominate you for messiest tank area of the year award! it DOES look murky in the pictures, but im sure itll look great after it clears up.

hey man good luck on your 20 high.i myself have a 25 high.i like the tall look(even thogh the lighting issue is a pain in the @$$)just remember you have to stock lighter on fish with a high than a long/less ground+territorial fin nipping.

my only dick comment is i think you should fix up that whole lighting mess.it doesnt look very sound or safe,even temporarily,but besides that good luck man.post some more pics when youre all set.

Archived