inTank Media Baskets

Controller for my fan

Trkmecanic

Hello Everyone

I'm looking for a way to control the fan on my reef tank to come on when the water (or air) temp is high without spending the bucks for a controller like what came with my chiller on my fish only. Any ideas ?

Thanks

Donnie

I haven't tried it yet, but how about a limit switch out of a furnace. I have a fan on my gas fireplace which is controlled by one of these switches. I believe it turns on and of around 100 degrees, but I'm sure they are avalailable in different ranges.

You could wire it to a photocell, so it comes on only when your lights are on. It may not be the exact control your looking for, but it is certainly a cheap alternative.

Well if you are going to do that , you could just wire it into the Light itself.. SO when the timmers turn on the lights they turn on the fans. Thats what i do..

I purchased a Ranco single stage controller from Grainger and it was only $39 if I remember correctly. You need to wire it up but it works very well, and its been running for almost 2 years now without any problems. FYI...the probe that comes with the unit is not waterproof so you'll have to shrinkwrap it or something if you want to run it submerged. :)

Chris

Archived