inTank Media Baskets

3 questions...(long)

dantimdad

There used to be a site with a flow rate calculator for counter current skimmers. I need to know the cfm and flow rate for a 4" dia. 60" tall skimmer.

1. Does anyone either now these numbers or have a link to the site?

I am lighting a 36l x 36d x 18h (about 100 gallons) tank. It will be a mixed reef with a large open T shaped "valley" across the front and down the middle. I had thought about lighting it with 2 x 175's in a pendant (sort of) with the 10000K bulbs centered over the two reef structures supplemented by 36" actinics going cross ways about 8 inches off the water.

2. Would you think this would be enough light? (please don't just suggest a higher wattage because you take the defacto arc welder stance) I need actual reasons pro and con.

I have 2 mag 12's a 9.5 and a 7. I had thought about just using the 9.5 as a return pump and have two closed loops with the mag 12s, one wide open coming out of the back and one as a rock rack with openings in it to prevent dead spots in the rock stack.

3. Does anyone see an issue with this circulation setup or should I supplement with a couple of modded maxijets?

I am planning on having construction done by Christmas so, time is of the essence.

I am trying to learn sketchup so I can post a picture of the design with coast to coast external overflow and 2.5" euro bracing on the sides and front.

Thanks in advance,

dantimdad

Archived