Pod Your Reef

[Current USA Solana 34g] Just Set up, pics included

rmcgookey

This morning i noticed that what i thought was a long dead clam/oyster encrusted onto a piece of live rock is actually alive. His mouth was open after a few weeks of looking like a dead encrusted part of the rock.

What is this thing and is it ok in the tank?

attached is a photo for your reference! look for the oyster like thing encrusted into the rock with reddish/pink tissue in its opening.

Thanks everyone

post-32044-1197397482_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

How's the tank coming along? Any further updates on the function of your tank? What'd you change if given a second go around? Looking forward to hearing from you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hows the Tank? I'd really like to see a picture of the back and how you have the ATO set up. How much water are you using and do you have the lid on?

Thanks in advance.

Kc3

• 2 weeks later...

Hey i just got a solana, and when i read ur first post it said u wanted to use an acrylic hood instead of the glass.

I just made an acrylic one for my tank, and here is what i did with it.

post-26587-1201020586_thumb.jpg

dailydriven911
Hey i just got a solana, and when i read ur first post it said u wanted to use an acrylic hood instead of the glass.

I just made an acrylic one for my tank, and here is what i did with it.

post-26587-1201020586_thumb.jpg

Awesome tank! I like the open top look so the glass is out of the question. I was thinking of making an abs plastic piece to cover the filtration area that will also hide the cords. Nice job!

• 1 month later...
TriggerHappyDude
Hows the Tank? I'd really like to see a picture of the back and how you have the ATO set up. How much water are you using and do you have the lid on?

Thanks in advance.

Kc3

Yeah, I'd like to see the back too and the ATO setup you have...did you drill holes in your stand?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
rmcgookey

newer pic of tank.

4 fish in there now: Flame angel, pigmy cherub angel, african clownfish, royal gramma

Also some more hard corals and other assorted corals.

post-32044-1210008364_thumb.jpg

southstar066

nice tank...im waiting for my solana to cycle. do you still have the gobys with the other fish...if so how is ur bioload...im thinking of getting 5 fish including a goby. and is the clam good under the 150 with it being so deep

Archived