inTank Media Baskets

Anyone know what this thing is???

Billdemart

maybe? ??? if so get rid of it. quick. if it dies it could kill everyting. i'll let some one who knows more about them fill you in on the rest. that is if it is a sea cumber. not to sure never seen one in person.

Looks like maybe a hitchhiker stony??

FYI- If it is a CUKE do NOT just throw it away. They have a bad rep because there ARE toxic ones.... but just cause its a cuke doesnt mean its toxic :rolleyes:

I have had cukes in every tank ive ever had, ever setup or ever maintained. Plain and simple: I will have cukes in every tank :)

Thanks all.

Yes it IS firmly attached to the rock. I will try to get a better picture. I do have a Cucumber in the tank, and I don't think he's of the toxic kind. He doesn't look anything like this however. He is charcoal gray with white feelers on the front.

I thought this might be some kind of anemone, hopefully not of the rock variety.

It looks to me like a brown button polyp. Does it have a fringe around the outermost portion of the cap? Does the fringe retract or close at all? If it does, then you may have a hitchiker polyp. Try placing a tiny piece of food, flake or whatever into the center. See what it does. My polyps love to grab whatever lands on them.

Yes Caja thats exactly what it looks like! And it retracts too. Should I give it more light? Its kind of shaded about halfway up the tank right now. What kind of food? What exactly is a polyp? Is it a zoo?

Archived