Coral Vue Hydros

Add Biozyme to new tank?

2k3Taco

I have a new tank, 2.5 gallon, 2.8lbs live rock, 3lbs sand or so.

I used biozyme on my freshwater tank, and it seemed to cycle pretty quickly. and stayed very stable. Should I use the biozyme saltwater stuff for my new tank?

btw, the sand was not live sand, but the live rock was cured.

When can I expect to see the worms, coraline, whatever? I realise its only been a few days, and I'm being impatient...

nano.jpg

I treat daily with Alkalinity and Calcium buffer.

Absolutely, positively NO. If you want to use a similar product for marine tanks, use Fritz Turbo Start. As far as I can tell, that's the only prodyct for saltwater tanks that actually works as advertised.

HTH!

ill skip it then and just watch my levels. I cant wait to add a couple red tip hermits, and maybe a polyp or two. Ive been watching the tank a lot looking for life.. nothing yet. the back side of that rock is brilliant white though... but its flat, so the curved side goes to the front pane.

i believe it is supposed to be raw (gray-blue) and you might only need a piece the size of a cat food morsel.......funny

waiting to add more stuff sux....once you get started though, the expense of new corals will slow you down a little and you can pass the time building up funds and doing the research for your next supercool addition

so waiting in between each addition might be a welcome break for your wallet....i think 2-3 weeks is the average cycle....i've even heard that turning the lights off will induce the die-off period and ward off algae while your bacteria colonies are building up

if your gonna add anything, add Marine SAT... you can usually find the small bottle samples at some LFS which should be free. I wouldnt add anything besides that.

Archived