Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

my 10g propagation tank

Spencerx

I have had this set up for a little over a month now. Had a 5.5 set up before, decided to throw everything into a 10g and wait till i set up a new nano. It has functioned well as a prop tank, with the main coral being zoos.

Specs:

-10g

-65w (i think) LOA ghetto-rigged from HD

-HOB filter with filter pad (no carbon)

-2 mini-jet 404's

-50w crappy hang-on heater

-2 tiers of egg crate with pvc legs

-unknown amount of LR (enough to fill a 5.5g...)

-2-3 inches of very live sand

- assorted caulerpa and 2 mangroves for filtration

- ALOT of small snails and blue legs (from a local reefer)

- 6th month old Oscellaris clown (got him when he was 2.5 months old)

well heres a full frontal.... (the light is alot whiter/brighter in person)

a plastic container for loose things (currently a ricordia shroom, blueish shroom, and pom-pom xenia) note: pic w/ flash

some orange zoos, most of my zoos are from trades with local reefers and some are from an order from logical about 8 months ago

and a view of my bedroom wall, with the 10g prop tank, 55g reef, and shallow 4ft soon-to-be prop tank. All with my bed 8 feet away :P . (not pictured: 2.5g on bedside table and 5.5 cycling for seahorses.). and you thought your room was loud.... ;)

any questions or comments welcome. I will be the first to say that i know it is ugly, but i think that the benefits of captive propagation are greater than the aesthetics of my room :) . Also, if anyone in the southeast wants to thermos trade or something, shoot me and email or pm. thanks for looking guys!

Heck ya man! That looks sweet!!! Ok, let me make a list real fast. BTW, I am not kidding at all. I am coming down there Sun, and want some goodies to bring home.

Please tell me what all I can have.

Anchor

Bubble

Ricordia

any zoos you want to trade me

Remember, shipping is not gonna have to happen

Well, it was nice trading with you yesterday and today spencer, maybe I can get some of that bubble coral sometime, I hope everything turns out really good. Also, there were about 5 new polpys forming on that sun coral, so make sure they are not buried in the sand.

kal- wish i could tell ya, i got it from a local trade. Hmmm maybe look on garf.org for how to frag it....

Heck man that looks like a section of an LFS and not someone bedroom! :)

I once had 3 tanks in my room...now I have only the reef tank. :) hehehe

Archived