inTank Media Baskets

Has any one used the Mini Bubble King 160 before?

Maco

I have one, the build quality is unbelievable and it's pretty much a foaming machine. You can tell that testing and adjustments went into every part of the skimmer because it just works perfectly right out of the box and the cup design is brilliant. PA has it on sale and you may want to see if aquarium specialty still has it for sale (sponsor here) I think they had it even cheaper. How soon do you want one?

on 40g of water volume i think its a little unnecessary.

I still can't get my skimmer to make skimmate more then a couple hours a week(deltec mc500) on a similar water volume.

I think it's rated for 50-100g so if you have a big sump and heavy fish load you might be okay, Premium Aquatics says they are actually quite underrated though so I don't know. If you can afford the BK160 get yourself a bigger tank to go with it :)

Maeda send the deltec to me I will get it skimming on my nano :) I get a cup of skimmate a week out of my DAS ( I think it uses the same pump as your's).

Maco I don't have skimmate pics because I don't have anything to run it on yet. It's either going on a 75g system (frag tank + nano tank) or a 100g system (70g display) both SPS dominated, but I'm not sure which one yet.

usmarinekurt yeah they are pretty damn expensive but with the sale prices going on they run about the same as an aquabee powered Deltec or H&S. I can tell you from experience that the BK pump is vastly superior to the aquabee, which is already a very good pump IMO.

They are king, and even if cost was no problem, and still would hesitate putting it on a 40...

a 75 or 100 no problem! but a 40 just seems a little small...

if I put a bk mini on my tank now I really feel like it wouldn't do jack.

Archived