inTank Media Baskets

6 months of Eclipse 6

caja

The tank has been up and running for about 6 1/2 months now so here's the pics. I'm finally getting some decent coraline coverage on the rocks and the green coraline is growing much faster than the pink on the acrylic.

Sorry for the multiple posts, but I haven't figured out how to put more than one pic in a post.

Left side of the tank. Blue shrooms, monster anthelia and some red caulerpa growing on a rock behind the anthelia. Yellow polyps are in the center of the tank.

Right side of the tank. Button poylps on top rock are the original colony. The ones on the lower rock fraged themselves and I stuffed them into a crevice in the rock. Both have doubled in size. GSP's are growing like mad and I'll need to do something with the mat that is spreading onto the sand bed. Behind the GSP and under that LR lives Osama bin Goby, the yellow watchman.

Orange zoos from Justphish. One of my monster blue leg hermies just plowed through them and there's a margarita on them in the pic, so some aren't open.

Nice! I like the rock work and great coral selection. Love those purple shrooms too.

I like your anthelia better than mine. Have you ever fragged it? Mine need fragging soon and I have never fragged anthelia actually so need some pointers.

Nice to see another great Eclipse tank! :)

Mushrooms again. I got this rock from Marine Depot 5 months ago and it had 7 mushrooms on it. It now has about 15. I need to frag a few of the bigger ones so the smaller one's can get some light.

Thanks jd. I love that anthelia. It's got a really great color to it. I snipped off a tiny piece to stick in the 7.5 and that tiny piece has already grown three new polyop extensions.

digital, mushrooms are easy to frag, although I've not gotten around to it yet. I plan on slicing off the main mushroom at the base and just setting it a tupperware cup with rubble and netting to get it to adhere and then moving it to the 7.5.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived