Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Decided to take a trip...part 2

wetworx101

I also visited this store. Very busy little place with good looking stock...but $$$$$. Their coral banded was at least double from what I'm used to, but considering the quality of their operation, as well as the $1000 hand bag (the woman pointed out was not a fake) on the 23 year old girl shopping near me (not uncommon in this area), It seemed to fit. Cool place.

starting from the left was their frag tank. Cool idea. A 'low cost area' for those who have a nano, or who just dont want to dump $100 on a big piece.

What impressed me most about this place was the hardware. You notice the healthy corals and clams all around, and it was due to their crystal clean operation. You notice metal halides all around, lots of plumbing and flow. They have two large vats in back that are full of live rock, all lit up, as their filtration. They have fuges running on several tanks. I find it rare to see a place that runs with such a modern setup...but the benefits are obvious. Not only will they sell you what might get referred to here in milwaukee as 'that new mini compact lighting', or that 'new refugium thing', but they can show it to you running as well.

Both thoes stores are very good stores, but there are MANY, MANY more!!!!

Next time you are down here just swimg by www.atlantareefclub.org and look at the sponsor stores!!!

Cap. Bay is very nice for frags, one of the only stores around with frags! And their display tank is an awesome fish only tanK!!!

Nice lookin' store, WW. So often in this hobby, we see antiquated technology running and being maintained very poorly, and it does nothing for the hobby. I mean, how many really nice stores do you remember seeing? Not all that many. Seems like more often, the norm is salt stained carpet, outdated technology, high prices, and low selection.

Granted, this place had high prices too, but from the pictures, everything looked fairly healthy, and was maintained well. That's a definite bonus in this hobby.

last time i was in atlanta i went a store that was awesome.... ah the name escapes me. maybe called the fish store or something. They had a 600g octagon reef that was simply amazing. An employee told me that it is worth over $300,000 (for some reason i doubt that... but whatever). Does anyone know the store im talking about? it had blue awnings if that helps lol

Those are awesome pictures ... thanks for sharing! Makes me wish we had stores like that around here. Wow I would be the local dork who would never leave the store. :D

The Reef Connection is about as close as we'll come. It's clean, which is a far cry from some other stores around...

Spence, I've got a good friend in ATL. I'll check with him. I think he's good friends with the owner.

Archived