ReefCleaners.org

Decided to take a trip...

wetworx101

I visit THE WOMAN's folks quite a bit. We live in Milwaukee, but her folks currently reside in Atlanta, and this time I decided to do a weeee bit o' aquarium shopping. The market down there is very different. In Milwaukee, with hard water everywhere, and being a primary blue-colar town, African Cichlids are the big thing. Not that our salt selection is bad, it is actually quite good considering we have quite a lot of stores. Atlanta, despite being many times the size of Milwaukee, has only half, if that, the number of stores. And the ones that do exist seem to be alot smaller. Milwaukee is home to some of the most gargantuan pet and aquarium stores around. Even our smallest dwarfs almost everything Atlanta has to offer...BUT... Atlanta is a very spendy area where I stayed...and so the shop may be small, but everything is saltwater!!!! Not just 10-25% like up here...there are stores with nothing but!! And the water is too soft for africans, so if I move there (i might be in the next year...female influence), I will most likely be ditching the african cichlids all together. But without any further intro, here are some pics I took that the shop owners let me take. I hope they dont mind me posting, but I dont think they will since I am giving praise and if nothing else giving free advertising!!! First...

This thing is huge!!! Must be a 550gallon, not so nano, but quite a greeting as you walk in. The place was under remodilling as we wanked through, so the mess on the other side...just dont mind it.

I give this place praise as it had the most reasonable prices of anywhere I visited. I actually thought I was in Milwaukee for a second...and their displays were beautifulllllllll!! The top tank here was lit with only MH bulbs...who says you need supplimental actinic with MH!!! Hah!!

Their coral banded shrimps were $10 to put the pricing in perspective... here in Milwaukee, they are about the same. But then there were these large open top tanks...

Archived