Coral Vue Hydros

Tank heats up to much

peterarcher10

peterarcher10

Hello all, I have a quick question. I justed moved into my new apartment on campus at the university of denver. I found out that there is no air conditioning. So my room heats up quite a bit during the days. I have tried the windows open and a large fan running all day but it seems that my room is still getting to hot and it is only going to get hotter once the full summer heat kicks in here in Denver. I was wondering what I could do to keep my tank cool, or at least under 80. I have a 37 Gallon tall, all glass tank with an eclipse system hood on top. I thought that having the top open and letting the water evaporate would do the trick buy one I could not open the top and still have my lights facing the water and two I have a fish that likes to jump out when ever give the chance. Please let me know any ideas which you guys have. Anything would be appreciated. Oh yea and the school will not let me put in a window mounted AC box.

Orange Crush

it's a pain, but if nothing else is helping, float bags of ice in the water. it's all i've got for you.

well, it's all i've got on the cheap. you could invest in a chiller.

Archived