Pod Your Reef

Pishybusiness - best liverock ever?

Korbin

I just went down to Phishybusiness to buy some liverock(www.phishybusiness.com) yesterday because I am a local. He was selling for $4/lb so I didn't have my hopes up. I got there and there was just enough rock left for me because someone had picked up 100 lbs or so before I got there, so all I got were scraps, I guess. The scraps were covered in coralline, tunicates, sponges, and I got 5 hitchiker mushrooms.:P

I would definitely suggest purchasing rock or corals from him. I looked at all his corals and they were all super healthy and colorfull. The colors on his website are true to life. Two thumbs up!

Well, so far I've had a large blue leg hermit, another tiny blue leg, and several weird worms creep out. I've seen copepods, amphipods, and little tiny swimmies. I also thought heard clicking sounds, but I'm not sure. The hermits are still intact, so I guess I shouldnt worry.

digitallinx

Beautiful rock! I have a question, the second picture down you have what you say is a tunicate. Is it white, sort of a cotton look to it? I ask because I purchased rock from a local FS, the rock is beuatiful I use as my center piece. It has yellow polyps, feather caulerpa, red and purple corraline and this stuff(white cotton). At night I notice a small funnel or mouth shooting from it. Sorry, to bogart your thread.

thanks

Don't worry about it. The "tunicate thing" is sort of cottony. I thought it was a sponge, but the hole in the end opens and closes - quickly. I also have one that is not cottony. Its white with red stripes. Now that I think about it, I don't think its probably more of a sponge. Do sponges move their mouths?

Archived