Cultivated Reef

Lookin for $$ ideas

cuz

post-31805-1195426281_thumb.jpgpost-31805-1195426281_thumb.jpgThis tank is currently being used for 25 FW yellow labs. I've been toying with the thoughts of converting it to a SW reef tank. I'm curious what everyone thinks the best equiptment to use, cost to operate, as well as stocking. I've got a pretty good idea but wouldn't mind bouncing a few thoughts around..thanx
neanderthalman

It could turn out to be a really nice reef tank, but it's far from the optimal dimensions. If you can make it work, it'd be sweet, but something lower, longer, and wider (deeper) will allow better aquascaping opportunities, and more real estate for placing corals. Light penetration in a shallower tank is much better as well. I really think that the extra height in that tank will go to waste for a reef tank.

Any ideas for a good light that would penetrate all the way down? Its a 100 gal tall tank, but it's actually easier to get good water circulation than any of my long tanks..Do you guys think if I piled all my LR up the back corner that the top water space would get used?

Ah yes. I've seen that tank on another site haven't I. Liked it then and I like it now. I live about 275 km north of Medicine Hat. Consort. Know on other sites as Bosshog and Hillbillyreefer.

that tank is I believe 2ftx2ftx3fthigh. I'm really at a loss of what to do with a tank this shape, odd shape for a reef, "slighty" oversized for a cube, unless i fill it with rocks to the top my africans waste 2/3 of space they won't venture out in and I really don't want a "community tank"..

Archived