inTank Media Baskets

Something is weird about my EboJager..

Dennis_said

Dennis_said

I'm using a 50W ebo-jager on my 15g long... and I set the temp to 73... and I still get a reading of 81.x on my digital thermometer... I don't know what's up...

My area isn't hot either.. my room temperature is a cool 73-74 during the day.. .and in the 60s at night...it's in a tiled living room w/ no carpet or anything that would heat up the tank....

Any ideas? Perhaps I'm doing something wrong w/ the heater??

thanks!

-Dennis

NaNO ReeFiN

I've never liked my two ebo's that I used.. so I went back to my visi-therm heaters and never had a problem since.

The heater isn't smart enough to adjust the water temp exactly for you. Turn it down until you get desired tank temp. My Visatherm is set at 70 yet my water temp is 78.

Make sure your digital thrmometer isn't a cheap one. Those cheap ones you get off e-bay suck. Ebo-jager heaters are very good heaters.

Did you allow the heater to calibrate in the water for a while before you fired it up? If the heater doesn't have time to figure out how warm/cold the water is, it won't have a proper reading to give you.

Dennis_said

Hey FlyGTI and reefphreak,

What do you mean by calibrate? I let the heater sit there not plugged in then plugged it in at 63, and then raised it up to 74... this morning I have a temp of 78ish....

My thermometer is that digital therm I got from MarineDepot... I think it's of good quality... not sure though :)

Dennis_said

Okay, I think I found a way to get my 78* hehehe... I set the EboJager to 69*.....

Could there be something wrong in the way the heater is positioned?!

=T

Dennis_said

One last question guys... the EboJager manual says "Do not submerge past water line" But I have seen people here w/ their's fully submerged...

Can it be? Or can't it?

And yeah, my temp is consistent now... at 78.6* when the EboJager is set to 69 :)

Archived