SaltCritters.com

My 29g is now an official reef!!!!

SaltyDawg

I recently hooked up my halide and and retrofitted 4 20w NO. bulbs. drilled a hole for my fan and transplanted all of my corals from my 5.5 to my 29g. I will have pictures somtime this weekend. I only have a home depot 175w 5.5k halide in it for now. but I have 2 marine glow and 2 power glow 24" 20w bulbs in there as well. The color is still very yellow. Man did my corals open up though!!!!!! My xenia that was dying is now expanding and inflating. My zoo rocks are fuller. ect ect. My greenstar polyps are extended over 3/4" now! My finger leather and my toad stool leather are full and healthy now.

I am so pleased it worked out finaly!!

I still have some rearanging and what not to do to the rock work. ( I now have nano size frags in a 29 so it looks wierd.)

I will try to post pics saturday night.

For some reason I couldnt get my camera to focus at all!!!! So here are some temporarily crappy pic's!

here is my new flower pot !!!!! It was looking like it was dying at the local LFS when I put it in my tank it opened up fully!

I have had great sucess with every coral I have kept ecept for xenia. That crap just wont stay kicking!

Thanks Crakur! Please exuse the ugly a$$ green background and the water spilage suctioning half of it to the back of the tank!! HAHA! I had my arms in there and some over flowed down the back. The pics arent in focus at all ! My camera just wont focus on my 29 at all! It still focuses fine on my 5.5 but for some reason it wont on my 29? driving me nuts too! I have tried everything. Resting it on a chair . Changing modes. With/with out flash. Nothing works. It is yellowish on acount of my elcheap'o home depot halide bulb 5.5k. Soon to be a 10k in place next week though.

here is my hood ( internals) 4x 20w 18k and 03 actinic + 1 175w halide 5.5k. And a radioshack fan mounted behinde a drilled hole.

So far the temp hasent seen over 82 yet. ( FIngers crossed!)

Archived