inTank Media Baskets

low budget lighting

ELGORDOINAVW

ELGORDOINAVW

ok this is for a 10 gallon, i have two 18" actinic no bulbs, i'm looking for some 6500k pc bulbs, what are my options? i keep hearing about some screw in fixtures i can get from hd, something about 13, and 19 watts. does anyone have the sku# or a picture of the lights or package? what about the bayco lights i keep hearing about?

my goal is to set this tank up as cheap as i can.

that way i can start a thread on how i did all of it. if you have any junk or extra stuff in san diego please help me out, i promise to give you some recognition for above and beyond the call as a reefer.

The Bayco picture and lighting are in several threads here. Just do a search and see how they used them.

Just keep in mind that cheaper isn't always better. Depends on what your keeping.

Angel

It's going to be tough to get lighting as cheap as you want it. You need proper spectrum and wattage for a 10g. If your looking for cheap lights, go to a local lighting warehouse and buy a Workhorse 5 ballast with two PC endcaps. It'll be like $15, then get a 10000k bulb from hellolights.com ($25ish), and an actinic bulb from hellolights ($22ish). Thats great reef lighting for under $80. Remember to not run those lights directly over the water though, need glass in between. Good luck, hope this helps.

Archived