Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

calcium and magnesium test kit

kidrobot

sup guys im looking for a cal and mag kits for my tank..do you guys have any brand recommendations..

recently ive been reading at RC that salifert is having some problems with their cal and mag test kits and some of the people is getting false readings with their kits.....i was wondering if API Cal kit is good or seachem cal and mag kits???

thanks....

I used to be a Salifert die-hard, but I now use API. Good stuff. Easy to use. Much cheaper than Salifert too! I haven't seen an API mag kit, so I'm not sure if it exists.

I've actually tried out SeaChem, Hagen, Red Sea, API and Salifert. The only ones I wouldn't recommend are the Red Sea and Hagen kits. Their quality control is sometimes lacking or perhaps I just got a bad/old batch. The SeaChem, I've been very pleased with although you may want to make sure that you follow the instructions about keeping it in a dry place. I made a mistake and kept it on the shelf next to the aquarium and about a week later, the powder agent was clumped and useless. I now keep it in the downstairs coat closet with a couple of packets of dessicant (those little ones that you get from food bags and such). I'm using the Salifert mag kit right now. It's very accurate (if expensive). The API kits have been fine as well.

Regards!

i second salifert

i am a big salifert fan and have been so for 10+ years. right now seems habib is having some problems and I think I have to back of from recommending salifert, though I will continue to use his products. i find myself making reference solution to test the accuracy of his tests... here is my salifert kit

img9632fy4.jpg

filefish949 that is a sweet setup man..im assuming u put it together urself?

yes pick-n-pluck is more trouble than it sounds... but, it makes testing a lot more convenient.. more convenient=more testing=better tank conditions

Archived