Coral Vue Hydros

If I only had a brain

SoS

My Pink Open Brain Coral is almost at his year old birthday so i decided to get him a little brother as a present.

I rescued this little green/purple guy out a a fish stores horriblly lit saltwater tank. It would have been dead in a few days. He keeps getting better and better looking every hour. I hope he makes a full recovery.

I let them know about the lighting. The clerk didn't have a clue.

Them next to each other on the sand.

55_openbrain_005.jpg

55_openbrain_008.jpg

Under the Actinics

55_openbrain_009.jpg

left side of the tank

55_openbrain_007.jpg

Great growth! I have a quick question for anyone who might know. I remember hearing once that even though they may be competing for the exact same resources, that many LPS corals (brains particularly) do better when placed near their own species. Anyone else heard this?

Originally posted by chufa

BTW, nice amount of Xenia!

That's like two freakin feet of Xenia. Its growing up the glass and getting out of hand. I can cut about 10 frags off it and still have over a foot and a half of the stuff.

chvynva916...I'm not sure but I'd like to know I'll do a little research to find out.

55_FullTank_001.jpg

Now I have this stupid Wizard of Oz song stuck in my head thanks to you!

LOL same thing happened to me. The problem is I only know those six words, but hey I know the tune

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by chufa

Now I have this stupid Wizard of Oz song stuck in my head thanks to you!

BTW, nice amount of Xenia!

grrrr...im singing that too now....

I saw my Yellow Clown Goby hanging in the xenia and Snapped this picture. I thought it came out great.

55_YellowGoby_009.jpg

A close-up he's only a little over and inch and loves to swim through the xenia branches. He's quickly becoming my favorite fish.

55_YellowGoby_001.jpg

Kalanianaole

Nice goby. Those guys are pure rock and roll.

Do you still have that pink carnation that's on your website? I had a frag exactly like that only I was too dumb to place him upside down like they prefer. How long have you had it and how's it doing?

Originally posted by Kalanianaole

Nice goby.  Those guys are pure rock and roll.

Do you still have that pink carnation that's on your website?  I had a frag exactly like that only I was too dumb to place him upside down like they prefer.  How long have you had it and how's it doing?

Its doing great. It actually dropped a branch that landed re-attached itself now I have two. Its looking pretty good.

Its a few months old now.

55_Dendro_003.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Newest Additions:

Anthias-----I was told Lyretail at the LFS. I don't think it is. Anybody know? Thanks in advance ;)

55_Anthias_001.jpg

Oyster: Pretty neat oddball. Good alternative for people without the light for clams and the ability to hand feed.

55_oyster_001.jpg

Archived