ReefCleaners.org

3g eclipse - new yellow clown goby

pulse13

Just got my long awaited first fish on Sat. The tank has been setup for about 4 months now, no corals yet but I'm planning on getting some softies in a few weeks. The fish has adjusted well and has been eating since Sun. He is usually perched somewhere right in the center of the tank like in the photo. The crab was a tiny hitch hiker that came with my LR (aquacultured) and its starting to look like an emerald crab. It hasn't shown any aggression towards my blueleg or snails and just goes about its business picking at the rocks. The fish will swim right in front of it and it just ignores it. I'll keep a close eye on it though.

Did you make any modifications to your Eclipse? I'm setting up a tank at the office for my mantis and am considering the Eclipse 3, but want to be able to at least grow coralline and calerpa but am concerned about the standard lighting and not excited about making changes to it. How has this tank been for you?

Thanks for the compliments! My camera is a pentax optio 330 gs. Its a compact 3mp point and shoot. No modifications on the tank other than removing the stock lighting and biowheel. I replaced the light with a 13 watt bookworm. Right now it has the 6500K bulb that came with it, but I just ordered a 50/50 from hellolights.com. The coralline is spreading and there are many different colors. Everything on the rocks has been flourishing, including clams, fan worms, pods, fire worms, sponges, a couple sea squirts and hitch hiker snails.

Archived