Coral Vue Hydros

Help me now!!

dickwayne

Last week I bought two clownfish. Today I got home from school and I now have only one clown. I searched all around the tank, and I then took every rock out since they're large and easy to move. No luck.

Any suggestinons on what could happen to lost fish?

Do you think some rebel kid who just saw "Finding Nemo" broke into my apartment and flushed him down the toilet? This is really frustrating . . .

Did you check the floor. Fish have been known to carpet surf from time to time.

Could be he perished and was consumed by the inverts (if you have them).

Originally posted by cajastan

Did you check the floor. Fish have been known to carpet surf from time to time.

Could be he perished and was consumed by the inverts (if you have them).

Or your cat or dog.

Chalk another one up to the power head. I have a screen, but he got caught inbetween the screen on the powerhead and the holder for it. (zoomed). Sad, in the movie Nemo made it out of the suction. Oh well . . . Thanks for the help though.

My wife had 3 knewts once. The lizards came up missing and the cat had really bad gas. Coincidence? I think not!

HogWinslow

I bought another clown today, and my flame angel started picking on him. I think the Flame angel shoved poor little Nemo into the powerhead when no one was looking. It's an evil fish plot to rule the tank. I'm on to you flame angel . . .

ever think of changing powerheads. or putting a piece of cloth netting over the part there getting sucked into. or if the clowns arent in good enough help to escape from the inside of the powerhead

Yeah, I pulled the sponge prefilter out of the closet and put it on right after I found the dead fish. I didn't have it on before because its big and ugly (zoomed powersweep). But I don't want to have the same thing happen again. I wish a poor fish didn't have to give his life to have me learn my mistake.

the way i look at it everything happens for a reason. you never know. you could have lost more fish in the future which hopefully wont happen

Archived