ReefCleaners.org

Eclipse?

Soto1220

Yes, you can. They have a 3, 6, and 12 gallon setup that would work for a nano. I believe they also have larger tanks like 20 gallon. I have the Eclipse 12.

I would get glass if I had it to do all over again. The Eclipse tanks (the smaller ones <12 gallon) are acrylic. They scratch very easily.

ye i think im going to buy an ecipse 12 gal. and stck it with a powerhead and a more powerfull light but does it give you any troble like the filters or anythin?

thats what im going to do, but do you have to buy a new good or can u just put the new light in?

and do you have a protein skimmer?

I would look into the CSL 32w Supernova retrofit. This light will fit in the Eclipse 12 hood. Just remove the old light and put the new one in. I just ordered one.

No, I do not have a protein skimmer.

Soto ,

I have a eclipse 10g and i just retro fitted a 28w actinic and a daylight 6700k so you should have no problems with any room for lights.

Clownfish Kid

I just rescued a 6 gallon Eclipse from a student in Philly and Im quite pleased with it (except for the acrylic). The guy who had it before me also put new lights in it which are good too.

so walk me through this, i buy the eclipsereplace the lights, take out the bio weel and put in a penguin 550 power head, is that all i do to change it?

As long as you are careful with your bioload, and do regular water changes and checks, you SHOULD be OK....

I have a 6 that I am getting ready to conver to reef. I have no desire to add livestock until I have lighting, and I think that I will add a sump with a refugium for added H2O content and a spot for my heater.....

Archived