Pod Your Reef

adjusting SG up

robertmun

I have a 20g and the SG is 1.020.

I want to get it up a bit, but I don't want to go too fast.

Anybody know about how much salt I need to add daily to bring it up 0.01 per day? i.e. Do I add 1 tablespoon disolved in a cup of water per day for 3 or 4 days? 2 tablespoons?

I've never mixed my own saltwater, so I don't know how much it affects SG in certain quantities.

Thanks.

do you have anything in the tank right now or are u still cycling? if you dont have anything in there, i would suggest adding SLOWLY bit by bit until it gets where you want.

Just top off using saltwater. You are in CA, so get some natural sea water, unless you live near: sewage plant, nuclear thingie, or any other source of pollution.

next time you do a water change, pre-measure the water and have the SG be around 1.025...that should change it to appx 1.0215 (if you want it hight than that, use water with a higher SG, get it?)

IMHO i feel its better to top off using salt water to slowly raise SG, rather than the WC method. It has been my experience, that the slower you raise the SG the better

"Just top off using saltwater. You are in CA, so get some natural sea water, unless you live near: sewage plant, nuclear thingie, or any other source of pollution."

i fhe was near a nucular plant that mite help the corals inverts and fish grow a littl ebetter wouldnt it ? lol

Archived