inTank Media Baskets

corals?

Soto1220

Sorry, couldn't resist....

Actually you may have some corals that hitchhike on LR, but if you're looking for the larger (visible) corals that you see in the photos here, you'll need to buy them.

Make sure you have excellent quality water and an established tank as they can be expensive and vary from somewhat tolerant to picky as heck. The one small zoo colony I have (supposedly a very hardy coral that I've had great success with despite some minor problems if you see my other threads) was $60. If you join a club or find others in your area, you can often get frags that will reproduce and fill in over time.

Enjoy!

Dennis_said

I gotta eventually find a club here in Los Angeles!!! But I don't have to worry about corals yet, still gotta worry about my cycling :-D

And yeha, don't worry about buying big, just buy small and watch it grow, I hear it's a lot more rewarding. :)

so do you go to the pet shop and buy a microscopic molecule and it grows in or do you buy it big, and what types or corals work, i was thinking of a polyp with the tentacles,(those r cool)

hey soto,

sounds like you sould go check out some LFS's in your area, also, check out some of the online retailers (like some of the NR sponsors) and you'll soon get some idea of what you get.

spend the time to read up on any corals you want to put in your tank, no point spending money on something that looks nice if you don't have the tank to support it.

-skeletor-

Clownfish Kid

talk about rewarding! I got a bubble coral about a month ago, and it was quite small. Now, I assume its almost three to four times its original size. I recomend getting frags (either from friends or from a LFS) and once they grow, you can frag it and then trade it.

Archived