Coral Vue Hydros

DOmino Damsles are on sale!!!!!!!!

SaltyDawg

At Jacks pets and Aquariums. They are only 4.99 now! I recent;y bought two of them for my 29g aga. They are realy nice little guys! Lots of personality!

Hate to rain on the parade, but they get old and mean. Kind of like the crotchety old man down the street. They're cute when they're juvenile. When they're full grown, they're not in the least bit cute.

Domino's get pretty large, too. Like 6". So those two may put a hurtin on the rest of your fish population in a 29g. And they are quite mean.

6" is very rare. They normaly get about 4". As I said in an above post. " They are, and will be, the only fish in there."

From what I have seen their color fades as they grow too, would someone care to verify this?

I dont care :) They all fade their colors as they age just some more then others. If and when they get bigger then they go back to the LFS and I get new fishies.

Man you must have had some abused fish or somthing! LOL! Mine dont even bother eachother at all. Not even when I feed them.

I swear to God they dont fight at all. They each have a space they call their own and thats that. Now on the other hand I am sure if I introduced a new fish in there they would tear it up. As with ALL damsels and clowns they are teritorial and unless introduced together or less then a couple days apart they will claim to whole tank, and ward off any other fish. ( Not all clowns but most.) As far as personality they have more then my Perc clown had. all he did was hide. They come out and play in the current together and come right up to the glass. especialy when I take pictures. They are a couple of hams. I play hell to get an in focus shot with them not in it.

I guess you already bought them then? How big is your tank? Give em a chance to figure out where they want to be and you'll see.

Had them both for more than three weeks now in my 29 gallon reef. They each claimed one corner on either side which are caves.

They were also together in the same "cube" for two weeks before I bought them. once in a while they will get fiesty and nip eachother when one wanders into the others cave but thats about it. No bloody wars or anything. I also have another tank with some unlikely coed's in it. I have a 100 gallon brackish tank with Puffers mono's scats, rainbow fish. and gourami's. normaly the scatts and puffers would tear the holy hell out of anything that gets in their way during feeding time. But they totaly ignor the rainbows and gourami. The puffers too. They are actually the most dangerous fish in the tank.

• 2 weeks later...

it all depends on the fish guys. and when said fish was introduced in to the tank. i have two puffers that have always lived in the same tank. (throught three diffrent owners now) and they have never once tried to kick eachothers arse. now by that same token i have two knight gobies that try and tear holey hell of out of eachother if one of them even thinks about getting anywhere near the other's cave. now isn't that supposed to be the oppsite? ???

it all just depends on the fish.

One night real late your going to hear a "ding, ding" and come out to find one of them missing an ear! Tyson vs. Holyfield II "Rumble at the Reef".

Like everyone else, I had one and he was ok, but he was small. Still, I think they look cool when they host!

ParTeaGod: No not at all.

OnltheFly: Mine has taken up host in my xenia AND My hairy shrooms! Alas, You were right guys the larger domino did do in the other one. Ate him actualy. nothing left but a tail. I 'm still keep'n him though! NEENER NEENER NEEENER!!!!!!!! LOL!

yeah life goes on ! :) BTW Kennard.....flygti told me you are a fellow gear head???? I am in need of two Baldwin emblems for my 70 chevelle. some arse hole who has no respect for a numbers matching , cherry ride pried off the deck emblem as well as the passenger side fender emblem too! I mean holy shiat man!

Those emblems were probably worth more than the chevette he rode in on to steal them! I also need a line on a good parts supplier for my 78 Pontiac GP sj ( resto rod project). PM me or email me if you can help out. Thank's.

good for you, I'm a huge fan of damsels if they are in a species specific tank! Especially the dominos, gorgeous as juveniles, and even when they get gray and old, you still have bonded with them so much it doesnt even matter.

You'r absolutly right! They are just so damn cute! Those beady black eyes and that pouty face just do you in after a while. Of course constantly wanting your atention and doing little drive by's to get it dosent help either! LOL!

Archived