Innovative Marine Aquariums

2.5 Gallon Dimensions

NJLuke

Hey guys-

I am planning on setting up a 2.5 gallon nano and I am so anxious I started the "nano-stand" ahead of time. After cutting the legs i pondered, "Oh crap, i dont know the dimensions of the tank!" So i would much appreciate if one of you would give me the height, width, and depth of your standard 2.5 gallon tank. Thanks alot!

-Luke

12 inches wide (right to left), 8 inches tall (top to bottom), 6 inches deep (front to back). Pretty close, you were only off by an inch.

LMAO! Nice LiQuiD! You're getting press everywhere with your 2 and 1/2. And I see folks still think taking care of a nano-reef is somehow a lot of crazy work. That just cracks me up!

NJ - I'm sure your stand will be built to have a little extra room around the edges for the tank to sit on. The only reason I mention this is that the AGA tank with the plastic trim adds about an eigth of an inch to the dimensions given. A lot of assuming on my part of how your stand is designed, but thought I'd through that out.

Yeah I am almost done with the stand now- just working on the finishing touches. I built it 15"x8" at the top. But that is without the sheet of wood that covers the frame of the stand. so i will probably trim it down to around 14"x7", leaving plenty of room for the tank. This is probably the only full size 2.5 gallon stand, unless someone else is as insane as me. It is 31" tall and will fit in a little corner in my mom's kitchen perfectly. Thanks for the help. Now all I have to find is a 2.5 gallon tank! I looked at Petsmart and Pets Supermarket and found nothing. I guess i will have to get it online. Thanks-

-Luke

I am sorry you dont understand my adjectives haha. Insane in my mind is a compliment. I guess it is just my teenage Floridian Surfer talk. Ride the Waves Bro!

-Luke

Haha, yeah liquid your my inspiration. Your pictures are addicting. My 2.5 is waiting for me to give it a try, but I need to finish up my planted tanks first.

Yeah I would love to get going on my little project but I cant find a 2.5 gallon tank ANYWHERE, even online. Getting a tad frustrated.

-The search continues:angry:

Archived