Pod Your Reef

New 20 gallon pictures

CodeToad

I love your tank. It's not colorful but the settle tones add a zen like quality to it. you must have studied feng shui. There's such a beautiful flow to your tank that I barely noticed the bright blue clam at the left edge of your tank. I love your xenia as well.

supernip: That is really cool of you to say :) Thanks so much!

Lizbeth: The coral that I really need to be careful of is the galaxia. At night espeically with my moonlight on, it sends out LONG feelers. I have to give it plenty of room. Other than that everything is pretty good, just have to give them the space they require.

yeah nice tank codetoad, packed full of goodies.

what's that pink thing just to the right of those GPSs..

also, love the clam...

what sort of lights you running over that thing.

-skeletor-

That is a red goniopora. The green ones are not sutible really for captivity. The red however seem to do very well. I have had that one for a while now.

For lighting I am using 2 65W PC's. They do an excellent job on my tank. The clam has been in my tank for about a year and is thriving and my acros are growing nicely.

Originally posted by desert702

what is your list of equipment?? how much lr/ls it looks great!!!

Thanks!

Here is the stuff I'm using, along with actual ocean water:

~Two 65W PC's on a home-made canopy.

~Hang-off-back Emperor filter

~Two powerheads - one runs 24/7, one turns on/off every 30 seconds, and is off all night

~Radio Shack cooling fan that runs during the day

~LED moonlight

I did not buy the rock all at once, so I don't remember how much I started with. I know I added about 10 or 15 pounds when I upgraded to the 20 from the 15. I did not add any sand, there is only about an inch of sand at the bottom.

Thats a very nice tank you got there.

I like the arrangement of the corals and how the colours kind of seam together.

Just one thing if I may; the clam is placed right at the edge of the tank-perhaps it would fair better if it were placed directly under the center of the lamps?

Otherwise beautiful work. :)

Archived