SaltCritters.com

When to install lighting

sloombee

When initially setting up a nano reef when should one install the lighting. Does the live rock, and live sand need the lighting or can it wait until you get the first corals?

you need to have some light over the rock to keep some of the creatures alive...but you dont have to have strong lighing over it. You need to add more lighting when you plan to add some corals.

Is this (20" 1x96W Coralife Aqualight CF hood w/ Quad 50/50 -Square Pin) enough for a 10 gallong tank? Would I need anything else?

Orange Crush

IMO it's actually too much. Check out the member's tanks and see what other people have over their 10 gal's. There's some really nice tanks out there. In the members forum, check out Brooklyn Johnny's tank. I believe his is 10 gal, and it's one heck of a tank.

Here, I found it for ya: http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/showthread...&threadid=11234

He uses 2x36w PC

IMO you can never have too much light. Acclimate new corals slowly by puting them on or towards the bottom of the tank.

im getting a stock eclipse with a penguin 550 power head, and ur saying that i can wait on the 72 dollar lighting system till i raque up som dough?

Archived